SmartMM2017 is co-located with SmartComp 2017, which will share information in attending the conference. Please check following important links before you plan your itinerary.
If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keynote: Video Streaming Over Information Centric Networks
by Prof. Jianping Wang, City University of Hong Kong
 Image-based Video Retrieval Using Deep Feature. Mao Wang, Yuewei Ming, Qiang Liu and Jianping Yin.
 Learning Generic Features from DEH Channels for Object Proposals Generation. Yiliu Feng, Zhangfa Liang and Hengzhu Liu.
 Building TensorFlow Applications in Smart City Scenarios. Davide Mulfari, Antonino Longo Minnolo and Antonio Puliafito.
 Smart Airplane Seat Assignment System for Passengers’ Multimedia Preferences. Jing Qiu, Chih-Fu Wu, Aihua Wu and Ling Liu.
 Minimum Number of Transmission Slots in D2D-assisted Wireless Coded Broadcast. Cheng Zhan, Zhe Wen and Liyue Zhu.
 A Smart Map Sharing and Preloading Scheme for Mobile Cloud Gaming in D2D Networks. Ziqiao Lin, Zehua Wang, Wei Cai and Victor Leung.
 Adaptive Video Streaming in Hybrid Landslide Detection System with D-S Theory. Zhi Liu, Kenji Kanai, Masaru Takeuchi, Toshitaka Tsuda and Hiroshi Watanabe.
Call for Papers
Multimedia application is among the most intensive systems in the internet. Rich content and latency intensive features of multimedia requires sophisticated infrastructure support from cloud, network, and terminals. Smart service system, the emerging topic, should be explored for improving human experience in multimedia applications.
The 2017 IEEE International Workshop on Smart Multimedia (SmartMM2017) focuses on smart technologies in multimedia system and applications. The SmartMM2017 will be in conjunction with The 3rd IEEE International Conference on Smart Computing (SmartComp2017) on 29-31 May, 2017.
The topics to be addressed at SmartMM2017 will include, but are not limited to, all aspects of smart computing applications and technologies regarding multimedia system. We encourage submissions that showcase fundamental research to address challenges in enabling smart multimedia. Submissions should be targeted to one of the following four major topics and their sub-topics:
- Measurement and Modeling
- QoS measurement in smart multimedia applications
- QoE modeling in smart multimedia applications
- User behavior analysis and prediction in smart multimedia applications
- Design and Implementation
- Architecture of network caching for smart multimedia
- Named data network (NDN) for smart multimedia
- Software-defined networks for smart multimedia
- Smart device-to-device (D2D) sharing for multimedia
- Novel architecture and engineering approach in smart multimedia
- System Optimization
- Smart resource allocation in multimedia applications
- Smart task scheduling for multimedia applications
- QoE-oriented optimization in smart multimedia application
- Cognitive service integration in multimedia applications
- Emerging Smart Multimedia Applications
Paper submissions should be no longer than 6 pages and formatted according to the IEEE conference template. Papers must be submitted electronically as PDF files to SmartMM2017 track at SmartComp2017 through EasyChair.
All submitted papers will be subject to peer reviews by Technical Program Committee members and other experts in the field. All presented papers will be published in the SmartComp2017 conference proceedings and submitted to the IEEE Xplore Digital Library. All accepted papers will be EI indexed.
- Victor C.M. Leung, The University of British Columbia, Canada
- Wei Cai, The University of British Columbia, Canada
Technical Program Co-Chairs
- Zhi Liu, Waseda University, Japan
- Zehua Wang, The University of British Columbia, Canada
Technical Program Committee (in progress)
- Wanyu Lin, University of Toronto, Canada
- Changwei Hu, Duke University, USA
- Ryan Shea, Simon Fraser Univesity, Canada
- Cheng Zhang, Waseda University, Japan
- Xing Liu, University of Washington, Tocoma, USA
- Lihua Zhao, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Japan
- Hwai-Jung Wesley Hsu, Feng Chia University, Taiwan
- Yu Gu, Hefei University of Technology, China
- Hao Zhou, University of Science and Technology of China
- Qiyue Li, Hefei University of Technology, China
- Xiaoyan Wang, Ibaraki University, Japan
- Bo Gu, Kogakuin University, Japan
- Shuai Han, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Wei Wang, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
- Yong Zhou, The University of British Columbia, Canada
- Kuan Zhang, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Xiaofei Wang, Tianjin University, China
- Lei Yang, South China University of Technology, China